Motorhomes and campervans are gaining popularity and there is an extensive range available today.
Campervans sit on many chasses, the most popular being VW, Ford, Fiat, Mercedes, Iveko and Toyota. Campervans combine a home away from home whilst doubling as your daily transport.
Turbo diesel engines coupled to manual or auto transmissions are common in today’s market. Campervans are generally not designed to tow another vehicle, however many can tow small boats, jet skis and motor bikes.
Motorhomes are largely configured from an individual chassis and body. Most motor homes offer toilet and shower as standard and the list of options is determined by your budget.
Motorhomes exceeding 4.5 tonnes require a light truck licence.
- Ensure it is within your Driver Licence limit.
- Will you use it as your daily get-about vehicle?
- If you intend towing a small vehcile, check that the chassis has the legal capacity to do this.
- Check your storage location for length and height restrictions.
- Ensure your partner is comfortable driving a larger vehicle in case of illness or injury to the main driver.
- Insure your new motorhome or campervan, including contents.